Quest Cost Consultants is a firm of Quantity Surveyors established in 2006 by Jackie Thomson.
Jackie Thomson, partnered by Roelof Coetzee and Danie Erasmus, heads up the quantity surveying team, having over 25 years of experience in all types of construction projects. They have personally managed the projects listed. From a commercial perspective, all these projects have been successful and managed under the initial budgets.
Quest has carried out Quantity Surveying Services on wide range of private projects with a total value in excess of R3 billion since inception. Quest employs Qualified Quantity Surveyors whose expertise and advice have satisfied and often exceeded the expectations of clients.
Our Quantity Surveying Practice has years of experience in the construction of distribution centers, warehousing, industrial buildings, shopping centres, offices, mining and engineering and work in the public sector. We understand the associated risks and complexities of such developments and have completed numerous prestigious projects for valued blue-chip clients throughout South Africa, such as Pick ‘n Pay, DSV, Atterbury, Redefine, Attacq and SA Corporate.
Our highly-qualified team of professional quantity surveyors is fully committed to meeting the specific needs of our clients.
Since its establishment in 2006, Quest Cost Consultants’ primary objective is to provide our clients with the highest level of Quantity Surveying services that will satisfy their expectations.
The company was established with the specific objective of providing expert and practical advice and services to Clients in the property industry. We limit the number of projects we carry out at any given time to ensure that each receives the personal attention it requires from senior staff.
We list below the services we offer:
- Preparation of cost estimates during various stages of design development
- Preparation of feasibility studies to establish project viability
- Preparation of tender documents
- Reviewing and analyzing Principal and Subcontract tenders received and recommending awards
- Prepare final Contract Documentation for signature by the parties
- Preparing valuations for issue of payment certificates including calculating, evaluating or verifying fluctuations in costs where applicable
- Prepare cost reports at regular intervals throughout the contract
- Compiling the final account, negotiating and finalizing same with the Principal Contractor and subcontractors
- Life Cycle Costing
- Reinstatements Costs
- Watching brief for financial and other institutions